Thursday, December 8, 2011

Deck the Halls

There are a lot of awesome things about living in the country.  Parades of visitors isn't one of them.  As such, aside from the occasional neighbor, not many folks get to see our casa all decked out for the holidays.


Guess the bow doesn't do much to hide the ugly step-windowed door...



Yay!! We finally have a semi-real, functioning fireplace!  and the fire doesn't melt the stockings.  

Obviously, this was taken last week.  My kid & college-dorm friendly advent wreath that I've never replaced with something more adult.  

Notice no wise men? I keep them on the opposite side of the room 'til epiphany...i'm geeky like that. 

Ok, so the napkins don't help the look, but it's where we eat every day and that there is a white tablecloth!

Note the cameo by both my iphone, and my big fur-ball (who turns THREE on Saturday!) in he jungle-bell necklace.  Oh, and the wise men from the credenza nativity set...told ya, geek.  

My toilet-top rubber ducky nativity set!  It gets to keep its wise men, cuz there's no where else to put it.  

These guys light up when they get wet.  Good thing they're in the shower.  

My ugly santa-themed advent calendar... just like the one Pastor Josh said we should all pitch in his sermon on Sunday.  I actually kinda hate him, dunno why I keep him 'round.  


No comments:

Post a Comment