Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Souffle aux Epinards

Aka: Spinach & Cheese Souffle



Once again, I'm not going to go through all the craziness to get to a souffle (get the book already if you're that interested) but I would like to say that this one was way better than fish souffle.  Maybe its 'cuz i'm not really a fish person, maybe its cuz the cheese/fish combo was more disconcerting than I first realized.  

But let me tell you what, this was the best meat-free Monday meal I think we've ever had.  Crispy and cheesy on the outside and oozey goodness in the middle.  Souffles (at least of the savory variety) kinda remind me of quiche, flavor-wise (and they certainly use as many eggs.  Good thing we have chickens.) but they're a texture lover's dream.  


No comments:

Post a Comment