Monday, August 22, 2011

To Dye For

(ah hah ha) corny, I know

With our beach week quickly approaching, we've been doing an awful lot of packing and stuff-gathering.  Amongst those items is my beach cover-up.  It's seen better days.  It was a hand-me-down from my mum and It's been to numerous camps with me and is a little dingy and even had a few rust spots.  The thing is though, structurally there was nothing wrong with it.  My bath robe had a similar story, but i've even singed it's sleeves once or twice while making Sunday morning breakfast.

Sorry 'bout the particularly mangy look, they'd just come out of the washer.  

So, I went to JoAnns and bought a $3 bottle of liquid Rit dye.

I followed the directions on the bottle, giving them a double agitation/wash cycle, and rinsed it 'til the water ran clear (4 rinse cycles).  I'm totally pumped at the new life a little dye has added to my robe and cover-up.  Especially the cover-up.  The hibiscus pattern on it really soaked up the dye and is a totally different color than the base fabric.  





No comments:

Post a Comment