Monday, August 8, 2011

Banana Ice Cream

... I know, everyone on the planet has blogged this stuff, but it's so yum I just can't help myself. 

A couple of weeks ago, I had an entire bunch of bananas about to go bad.  I had forgotten about them.  Just before they went bad, I remembered about them , peeled them, chopped them into pieces and tossed them in the freezer.  Then I forgot about them again.  Tonight I remembered about them and boy, am I glad I did!



I took about half of my frozen banana pieces (2.5 or 3 bananas worth)  and put them in the food processor (i've tried with both regular and rocket blenders, it doesn't work, believe me) with 2 spoonfuls of cocoa powder and a large dollop of peanut butter.  That kinda stuff is all add-ins, so just eyeball it.  


Then blend until it's all nice and creamy and eat!  


It's cool, creamy...it even melts like ice cream but it's non-dairy, low fat and calories.  Heck, if you didn't add the peanut butter, it'd be just as healthy as eating a few bananas (but WAY better).  Also, if you factor in how inexpensive bananas are, it's probably as inexpensive as ice cream.  

3 comments:

  1. Where has this BEEN my whole life????????? Can't WAIT to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. I have about 15 bananas in my freezer and I keep meaning to make banana muffins, but, well... this looks easier. And better for the hot summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious! I just made some right now and shared it with my whole family. They loved it and it's really easy to make. Since the bananas were frozen solid, they didn't break down completely- maybe it's just my food processor, but they added nice texture and crunch too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete