Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shabby Chic Message Center: $5

I was perusing Young House Love the other day, when I found THIS:

make-these-chalk-AT

 

Adorable kitchen message center.  Ironically, I found this

in our second garage the other day and have been dying to make something awesome out of it.  It was a match made in heaven, except one of the panes was broken beyond repair.  Luckily, I also found a rusty old screen in the garage (no, I'm not kidding).  First, I donned my paisley women's-sized leather work gloves and got rid of the broken glass. 

 

Aren't they adorable?

Then I cut out that screen, sprayed it with some black rustoleum and took out my handy staple gun.  I started taping off the woodwork & called nick to stop at home depot for chalkboard spray paint.  It cost a grand total of $5.  3 coats of spray paint, 24 hours drying, lightly coating it all with chalk & wiping & some innovative hubby hanging and:

Voila!

Grocery lists, key hooks & a cool conversation piece.  It'll prolly llook a lil' better once we finally paint the kitchen.  All things in their own time, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment