Sunday, August 1, 2010

Products I Like: Oils

Part of making this transition easy on my wallet is limiting the amount of driving I have to do to get to my food.  The nearest grocery stores and bastions of civilization aren't exactly close, so I try not to stray too far from them in my shopping excursions, our gas bill is high enough as is. 

This series is on products I can buy that are natural and/or organic, convenient and reasonably priced. 

SPECTRUM OILS

47efd0bf86493 45ca66649880a 47efe3a46b226

These guys make a ton of organic oils and oil products (mayonnaise, salad dressing, vinegars).  Their coconut oils are what I use in my soaps as well as lots of beauty applications.  Their High Hear Canola Spray is the only organic high heat I have ever seen.  High heat oils are great both for grilling and any sort of quick pan frying.  Their resistance to higher heats allows them to not burn and create a very difficult to remove residue on your pans.  Sold at Giant Eagle. 

 

FULL CIRCLE

These guys offer organic spray oils available at  Giant Eagle. 

NATURE'S BASKET

Giant Eagle's natural generic brand.  They make a mean organic olive oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment