Monday, August 23, 2010

Game Meat: The Ultimate Organic

We've been eating a lot of game meat in my house lately.  I'm fortunate to know a handful of skillful hunters whose wives aren't fond of it (my husband hunts as well, but he isn't quite as good as it).  It is also less expensive than most meats even if you have to pay for the butchering.  Think about it: When my family buys a cow, they pay for both the cow and a substantial butchering fee.  The "cow" in this case is free, and you get a TON of meat for that butchering fee. 

Also, these animals are cage-free and hormone free and fed only on their natural food source.  They also get plenty of exercise and are, with the exception of autumn bear, leaner than most store bought meats, who spent most of their lives in pastures, stalls or cages.  I don't know why more people don't eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment