Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Weekend, the FAIL Blog

Well, I had a handful of things I thought could be cool to tell ya'll about this weekend, and they all either flopped or were completely unremarkable.  As such, I was compelled not to share, but we learn from failure, so watch me fail! 

CUCUMBER MELON?

Apparently when left on the vine too long, cucumbers turn orange and resemble a small watermelon. 

QUILT PATCH

If there's one thing I stink at most seriously, it's sewing.  (Thank the Good Lord for my Mother-In-Law for the important things.) 

Less than a week before vacay, my little angel chewed a hole in the quilt in the master bedroom, which we just redecorated around the basic color scheme of that quilt.  I take some of the responsibility for the mishap, because I broke my strict "I'm higher on the food chain, therefore I get to go on the furniture and you don't" rule. 

Luckily, when we registered for the bedroom set, we also bought a matching valance which we no longer use.  I had hoped to make it look like there was never a hole at all, but one of the two fabrics she chewed through wasn't featured on the valance, so big ugly patch it is. 

LIQUID CASTILE SOAP

In anticipation of making regular bar soap later this week, and because its useful stuff, I thought I'd give it a try.  Silly me though, picked the recipe that looked the easiest instead of the one with good reviews.  I wound up with what looked like the fat floating on top of refrigerated chicken broth. 

FWIW, the floating globs are soap, which left my hands nice and silky. 

ZUCCHINI GAZPACHO

Let's just say i don't recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. Patti's ParaphernaliaMay 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

    Thanks for being honest about your failures...makes me feel better about mine! BTW...many years ago, I canned some pickles (as I recall they were a bread & butter type chunk pickle) and the recipe called specifically for those overripe cucumbers that had gotten fat and turned yellow in the garden. Of course the recipe called for taking out all the seeds and peeling the cucumber (the peel is a lot tougher on them than on the "just right" cukes. Again, it was a while ago, but as I recall, the pickles were good!!! You might be able to find the recipe in an old pickling/canning cookbook.

    ReplyDelete