Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dave (er..uh, Nick) and the Giant Pickle

As mentioned in my last post, Pickles aren't exactly my thing.  As a matter of fact, I whole heartedly agree with the T-shirt slogan "Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil".  This probably stems from my dislike for vinegar

 

shirt

It has been unseasonably warm and dry around here.  It's southwest PA, our summers are supposed to me mid-80's, humid and rainy... not almost a hundred and, while still humid, no rain in sight.  My poor grass is all shriveled.  So is our garden, not that it's stopped the zucchini.  Last night we decided it was high time we watered (from the rain barrel) the poor parched plants after we picked them (only the third time this year).  This afternoon (less than 24 hrs later) we have cucumbers the size of Texas!

 

 

I Rest My Case. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote: "Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil." I found this page while reading at a site that explains that pickles are evil and that they should all be shot into the sun. Good reading... Here's the link: pickles are evil.

    ReplyDelete